April 22: 50th Anniversary of Earth Day
April 22 2020 is officially the 50th anniversary of Earth Day. This Earth Day, we’re asking our supporters to help spread the message that #WarIsNotGreen
Here are some photos you can share (click to open PDF version you can download)…
2. Share talking points on social media about #WarisNOTGreen:
- Did you know the Pentagon is the single largest institutional consumer of fossil fuels in the world? #WarisNOTGreen! we need to cut the Pentagon budget and invest in a Green New Deal NOW! www.codepink.org/wing
- Did you know If the Pentagon were a country, its fuel use alone would make it the 47th largest greenhouse gas emitter in the world? If we’re going to address the climate crisis, we need to #DivestFromWar NOW! #WarIsNotGreen www.codepink.org/wing
- Instead of spending $740 billion on the Pentagon budget every year, we should invest in a Green New Deal and cultivate our local peace economies #WarIsNotGreen www.codepink.org/wing
- US military emissions come mainly from fueling weapons and equipment. That means that asset managers like @blackrock are contributing greatly to climate change when they invest billions in weapons manufacturers like Raytheon and Lockheed Martin. #WarIsNotGreen www.codepink.org/blackrock
3. Take Action for a #PeacefulGreenFuture by….
Join us for a social media storm to cut the Pentagon Budget on Tax Day!
We might be physically distancing, but you can still join in a strong show of social solidarity this Tax Day to raise awareness about cutting money from the Pentagon Budget to pay for vital social services. It's like being in the streets together with banners that decry that we spend $740 billion of our tax dollars to fund war, violence and militarism. Get engaged with us on social media!
April 15: Tax Day
From 10AMPT-11AMPT we're participating in a social media storm asking your following where they would #MovetheMoneyTo if they could create their #PeaceBudget
1. Print or download your own #PeaceBudget
2. Take a photo showing us where you'd #MovetheMoneyTo
3. Post your selfie (or downloaded #PeaceBudget) on twitter, instagram, and facebook using #DivestFromWar and #PeaceBudget. Make sure youtag CODEPINK on twitter, facebook, and instagram
Here are some examples (right-click to download and print) or you can print a blank one:
1. Don’t have a printer? Share one of our #PeaceBudget graphics (right-click to download) and tell your community where you want to #MovetheMoneyTo. Make sure you use #DivestFromWar and #PeaceBudget and that you tag CODEPINK on twitter, facebook, and instagram
Instagram and Facebook Images:
2. Take Action to #MovetheMoneyTo social programs, by…