Tell Congress it’s time to commit to No Money from Weapons Manufacturers and the NRA! Don’t take money from people making a killing on killing! In 2017, weapons manufacturers (companies like Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, Boeing, General Dynamics, and Northrop Grumman) spent more than $125 million on campaign contributions! The NRA regularly spends between $1–$1.5 million during campaign cycles.
The impact of weapons and war on our elected officials means:
- Military-style assault rifles are in the hands of kids;
- Our police forces have become SWAT teams with access to free excess military equipment, such as assault rifles and armored vehicles;
- In 2016, the U.S. spent more than $600 million on the military — more than the next 8 countries combined — $304 million of that went directly to weapons manufacturers.
Join the Divest from the War Machine coalition as we hold Washington accountable for who it is representing. Let’s dismantle the connection between Congress and the military-industrial complex, and reduce the influence weapons and war have on U.S. politics and policy.
How to Get Involved:
- Send a message to your Representative & Senators on social media. You can share these image below with their accounts. Right-click each image to download and save.
Email your Representative & Senators. See who has already taken the pledge here! Then look up contact information for your Representative & Senator.
- Attend a town hall or public hearing. Use these talking points to engage your representatives.
- Schedule a meeting in their district office. Take your organization or neighbors. Use these talking points and ask them to sign on to this commitment.
- You can also check to see how much money your Representative & Senators have taken from weapons manufacturers or the NRA.